Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Watchmen In the House


One day in reading my word, God led me to Ezekiel 3.  It is not an unfamiliar passage of scripture...but as I read I was reminded of some things God had shared with me long ago.

Ezekiel 3:1-11

"...Eat what you find in this book; eat the scroll.  Then go and speak to the house of Israel.  So I opened by mouth, and He caused me to eat the scroll.  And He said to me, Son of man, eat this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.  Then I ate it, and it was a s sweet as honey in my mouth.  

"....You are not sent to a people of a foreign speech and a difficult language, whose words you can't understand.  Surely, had I sent you to such people, they would have listened to you and heeded My words.  

"..the House of Israel will not listen to you and obey you since they will not listen to Me and obey Me, for all the house of Israel are impudent and stubborn of heart.  

"Behold, I have made your face strong and hard against their faces and your forehead strong and hard against their foreheads.  Like an adamant harder than flint or a diamond point have I made your forehead; fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, for they are a REBELLIOUS house.

"...ALL My words that I shall speak to you, receive in your heart and hear with your ears...'Thus says the Lord God,' whether they will hear or refuse to hear..."

The clincher is in verse 17-19

"..I have made you a watchman to the house of Israel; therefore hear the word at My mouth and give them warning from Me.  If I say to the wicked, You shall surely die, and you do not give him warning or speak to warn the wicked to turn from his wicked way, to save his life, the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at your hand.

"Yet if you warn the wicked and he turn not from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity, but you have delivered yourself..."

This passage, even though it is old testament, reminded me of the brevity and the weight of my responsibility to warn the wicked as God instructs.  No, not to take the place of the Holy Ghost, because I could never do that.  But when God tells me to say something, to write something, to post something....I HAVE to do it!

I do NOT want ANYONE'S blood on MY hands or to act out in rebellion because I refused to say what God said!

I decided to look up the word WATCHMAN.  I was amazed at what it meant...

WATCHMAN:  (tsaphah) to spy, to watch, to keep watch, to watch closely.  To espy, or to catch sight of perceive (from a distance); to detect.

Wow!

As I saw this, I began to ask God:

"You mean to tell me all these years when the Spirit of GOD would show me the evil going on behind the scenes (in ministry), when I perceived things in my spirit, when God said, 'they are so and so...' and it later on was proven TO BE so, all these years as God would specifically tell me to WATCH this one, or that one, or this church or that ministerial alliance.....

And all those religious spirits, leaders, bullies, perverts and the such...they all tried to convince me and others I was a troublemaker, a Judas, wounded, bitter, even been called a witch (lol!)...

Even when the enemy himself tried to make me think I was crazy because of the things I perceived, heard, saw...only to see those very things come to pass...

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT ALL THESE YEARS, I'VE BEEN DOING MY JOB, LORD?????"

Now, understand.  This is not the rantings of someone who didn't already know what she is called to do.  I KNOW what I'm called to do.  But, every now and then, it is good to get a reminder-straight from GOD HIMSELF-no confirmations, no prophecies, no word of encouragement from others....(I passed up needing those affirmations a LONG time ago)....

It's just good to know that God meant what He said almost 20 years ago!!!!

I share this because I know I'm not the only one out here who God has set as watchmen.  You may still be in church, or God may have called you out of the harlot church already.

But you are watchmen nonetheless.

Yes, you are a spy.  God has you on a mission.  A mission to help souls enter into the Kingdom of God.  NOT into a denomination, a fellowship, a church or a ministry.  NOT into a group or a clique or a club.

Ours IS a very lonely job, a very misunderstood one.  Many say you are judgmental, critical, unloving....but it is out of a PURE, UNADULTERATED LOVE FOR GOD and a STRONG DESIRE TO PLEASE HIM  and the love HE puts in you for people that drives you to just -at times-put it out there.

Not caring about feelings, emotions, relationships, ambitions, destiny, careers, family....all of that means nothing to you.

You just want to please THE FATHER!

I want to encourage you to CONTINUE.

You are NOT alone!

1 comment:

Detoxed From Churchanity said...

One more thing...you are not being led to warn those God has told you to warn to 'preserve the house,' so to speak. You need to understand that EVERYTHING that can be shaken IS BEING shaken as I post this...the shaking, the judgment on the house of GOD has been taking place for several years now. What we see unfolding in front of us all now are just the mere manifestations of an already judged, tried, AND convicted harlot church. Many of you are still in denial about that, but it IS true! Your church, your mama's church, Pookie and them church, EVERY mega AND mini church and everything in between has ALL been judged and FOUND GUILTY in the sight of God. So the suicides, premature deaths, the perversion, the abuse, the mismanagement, extortion and misappropiation of church funds, the closing down of 1000s of houses of god, and ALL the stuff you all see going down in the news are just the ramifications of the sin that has been allowed to STAY, RESIDE IN and GROW in the organized church system for SO long. Many leaders didn't heed to Ezekiel 3, and are under judgment...many of the leaders who were revered disobeyed God in this matter...and it is only a matter of time before they are shown for what they really are. YOU, Watchman, are there to help the REAL people of God, the REMNANT, to escape JUDGMENT...and face possible death. GET ON YOUR POST!