Saturday, May 25, 2013

THE RESURRECTION OF TONEX!!!!!!



For those of you who don't know who this is, this is Anthony Williams, Jr., f.k.a. Tonex, now known as B. Slade.

To make a really long story short, Tonex was a very successful gospel artist...six Stellar Awards, 2 Grammys, and has produced and written tons of songs not only for himself, but for others.

I don't want to downplay this man's talent.  I have NEVER heard anyone sing like Tonex before!  Plus, the man plays a lot of instruments.  He is VERY talented...and as a music lover, I can honestly say NO ONE IN THE GOSPEL MUSIC INDUSTRY HAS EVEN TOUCHED the level of success that he did when he was on the scene....

But none of us out here in the public knew the struggles he had.  As I watched this video he made as B. Slade, it brought some insight into what kind of background Tonex REALLY had:




There was abuse and molestation in his apostolic upbringing.  And apparently, NO ONE did anything about it.  No one got him the help he needed to deal with that level of pain.  They just kept taking him to church,.

To the very place where the pain was inflicted.  Undoubtedly by someone in leadership in church!

So here goes this young, talented, anointed boy who is introduced to a plethora of emotions, stirrings, desires, and emotions at WAY too young of an age to deal with it...in a healthy manner.

And as is common when abuse happens inside church, everyone shouts and dances and speaks in tongues over it.  NO ONE DEALS WITH THE ISSUES IN CHURCH!

I mean, after all, he is a man.  He could deal with it, right?  He is anointed.  He is a preacher's kid.  So everyone said, 'Anthony will be fine... he's got God.'

And so he grew up, perfected his craft.  Threw himself into it, as a matter of fact.  Its what he slept, ate, lived for....and there is a love for God that I believe was there.

But in the midst of all that he was accomplishing, NO ONE (including himself) were dealing with what was happening ON THE INSIDE.

And we all got to see the culmination of all of that being bottled up inside of him...when he came out the closet three years ago as openly gay.  Changed his name to B. Slade.  ROCKED the church world....

But because church folks simply DO NOT know how to deal with the LGBT community...let alone minister to them, they did what they always do...

They blackmailed him.  They ousted him out of the music industry.  They put him out there....BAD!
This is a song Tonex made in the midst of all that upheavel called 'holy-NESS.'

That whole 'Oak Park' project, as well as 'Unspoken,' was his musical expression of pain...the pain of rejection from former comrades in the ministry and music industry who all but turn their backs on him just because he had the courage to at least COME OUT.

One thing I will say is that I can respect a man who isn't fake, and will be what he believes he is...even if that thing is wrong.  I don't condone the LGBT lifestyle.  I don't make excuses for it.  I think it is dead wrong, and a gross perversion of the TRUE LOVE that God gives us to share.  We CAN help who we love!

But that's another blog for another day....

I respect that Williams didn't do like SOOOO many of these preachers in the church do...they either molest and rape children, give women AIDS or go on the DL....No.

Williams didn't do that.  He said, 'Hey, this is what I am.  This is what I like...'  I can respect a person who won't LIE about his desires, preferences and lifestyle.

The problem is that SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many in ministry and the gospel music industry are on the down low...they HAD to throw stones at Tonex to deflect attention from themselves!
And I believe THAT"S what hurt Tonex even more.

No, I don't have proof, but I wouldn't be surprised if the very ones who threw the biggest stones at him were not secretly calling and texting him in the middle of the night for a nightcap!

THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE GOING ON IN THE MINISTRY NOW!!!!!!!

So I write this to send some love to the artist formerly known as TONEX.

Man, I MISS YOU.  I MISS YOUR MUSIC, YOUR PREACHING.  YOU WERE REAL.  I'M SORRY THEY DID THAT TO YOU!!!!

AND I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!!!

THE RESURRECTION OF TONEX!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're struggling with your own sexuality, I want to share with you MY OWN PERSONAL STORY of deliverance and TRUE sexual healing.






"Down Low Deliverance: BE SET FREE!" is my own story of how sexual abuse in the church led to my own struggle with my sexuality...and how GOD set me free from sexual bondage and confusion.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, i often wondered where most of these CCM artist go. one day they have CDs on the store racks then the next it's gone. thank you for relating about TONEX/ B.SLADE

DANIEL TURCOTTE is my name.

i too dont condone the lgbt lifestyle but i do want them to know true love through CHRIST.

Vanessa Luckey said...

This is the first blog I have come across that gets it. Maybe there is more out there, but this is the TRUTH!

The ENEMY has infiltrated the church, and the music industry. Maybe He has always controlled it. My husband's band had a record deal in the 90's and I can tell you..... I didn't see much that glorified the Lord AT ALL!

God is doing something AMAZING for Tonex, or as I prefer....ANTHONY!

I am so excited for him, for the music industry and for US!

Vanessa Luckey said...

This is the first blog I have come across that gets it. Maybe there is more out there, but this is the TRUTH!

The ENEMY has infiltrated the church, and the music industry. Maybe He has always controlled it. My husband's band had a record deal in the 90's and I can tell you..... I didn't see much that glorified the Lord AT ALL!

God is doing something AMAZING for Tonex, or as I prefer....ANTHONY!

I am so excited for him, for the music industry and for US!