Tuesday, December 04, 2012

"I Need A Word From God..."




"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God..." ( Matthew 4:4)

We all have been here, at that pivotal moment in our lives where we literally NEEDED a word FROM THE LORD.  Those who are truly hungry for God have been at a place where we have been starving for a Word from God.  And rightfully so....God said those who hunger and thirst after righteousness SHALL be filled.
Yet, we all have been at that place where we have NOT been able to hear from God...or we felt that we needed 'confirmation' from the Lord regarding 'a word' either we ourselves have heard, or a word given to us from others.

This is the reason many are (I can say) literally addicted to church, to sermons, to conferences, to conference calls, to convocations...

Addiction is NEVER a good thing.  I know BeBe and CeCe came out with a 'gospel' song years ago called 'Addictive Love' and it's supposed to be talking about how we as believers are addicted to the love of Jesus Christ.

I know we have been saying this cliché for years in the church that they are 'addicted' to 'the word,' when really they are addicted to CHURCH.  Because the only time they get any 'word' is when they are inside of a building being fed 'a word' from a man or a woman.

But addiction can be a dangerous thing, even in a spiritual connotation.

If we are not careful, we will become 'addicted' to miracles, signs, wonders, and FALSE words said to be from God.  We can be addicted to the supernatural, never questioning THE SOURCE.

Where did this need for 'confirmation' of a word that proceeds out of the mouth of God come from?
Do you remember Gideon in the Bible?

Read up on the story of Gideon in Numbers 6.  To make a long story short, Gideon heard from the Lord...yet in verse 17, he turns around RIGHT AFTER hearing from God and asks for a SIGN!

You know...in the Old Testament, God had to deal with people with signs and wonders because MOST of the Israelites simply could NOT hear from God for themselves.  So the Israelites depended a LOT upon others to bring them the Word of the Lord.  This was because Israel stayed in rebellion and disobedience TO GOD almost more than they walked in obedience to God.

Disobedience will MUTE your ability to hear from GOD!

And walking in continued disobedience gives people over to strong delusion!
I can remember one time I was parked in a parking lot, needing a 'WORD FROM THE LORD.'
Funny thing was it was regarding whether  or not I should stay at a church I was attending (that's when I was still part of the organized church system).  I had just gotten off work and was bone tired and I had to preach that night.

I heard a voice so clear..."That is your church home.  I have a work for you to do there...."  Then this voice went onto tell me "...and the pastor is your husband..."

I won't lie to you:  I did a Sarah when 'God' said that...LOL.  Yes, I laughed!  I was like 'there is NO way that that man is my husband!  He is 15 years my junior...my oldest son is almost his age!'  Then some other things were said about how we were going to build ministry together, blah, blah, blah....

I got a LOT of confirmation on that 'word' from several different sources.  We would go to churches and people would prophesy marriage to us both. MANY 'prophetesses' and 'prophets' prophelied about how we were going to take the city.  The co-pastor of the church even came to me to 'counsel' me on several occasions to prep me for marriage to this pastor (who also happened to be her son!)

That word I got in that parking lot led me to stay with that church for a total of 5 years.  And we didn't end up marrying:  come to find out he was on the DL...and had an incurable STD, all while STILL pastoring that 'church.'

When that lying spirit of Baal saw that I was not going to fall for that, he sent a ( false) prophetess to this same church to prophelie to an armorbearer and the pastor -a 'prophecy' that set off a chain of events that would eventually lead to a church scandal and the pastor marrying a 19-year old...they are still 'married' and have a son.  And he is still in his lifestyle, and the young girl plays along as the dutiful first lady of the church...

And the prophetess of Baal that lied to those two has a church of her own now, too.

Let me tell you something:  there is a false spirit out there that knows the desires of our hearts.  It knows what we crave and desire the most.  No secret:  most of us go crying on the altar or blabbing on Facebook how bad we want a mate, or a ministry, or a car or a house.  So the devil heard your prayers.  So now all he got to do is send a prophet of Baal to lie to you, tell you what you want.  And then we get fooled into thinking these prophets of Baal are really from God because what they said does come true.

That is not the only prerequisite of knowing if someone is a TRUE prophet of God or not.

A TRUE prophet of God is not only going to be able to tell the future-fortune tellers can do that.  A TRUE prophet is going to utter what THUS SAITH THE LORD and THAT ONLY.  A TRUE prophet of God is going to be soaked in OBEDIENCE TO GOD.

When we get hooked on needing confirmation of words from God and seeking after a sign, we are treading on DANGEROUS territory.  VERY DANGEROUS.  Because the enemy mimics EVERYTHING God does.   The enemy can do signs, perform miracles, prophesy, speak in tongues, dance.

So if your diet of the Word of God is more of 'I-gotta-see-a-sign-I-gotta-see-a-move-I-need-a-confirmation,' then you are subject to be deceived by the devil.

No comments: